Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Final Fantasy XI Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

Rion

Rion

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
So I've been having these ridiculous connection problems lately with FFXI.

I'll be online and slowly start disconnecting, but can stay online by doing "ingame actions" but ultimately I have to force disconnect because it's too problematic with playing.

Or, I'll just get this "red bubble of death" next to my character's name, won't be able to do anything and then disconnect after a minute or so.

If I plug myself into the modem, I never get any of these problems! Yet the minute I use my router, all these problems arise eventually. Even after resetting my router and modem whenever this happens, it still keeps coming back!

Errors I get are usually FFXI-4002/4001 and POL-0250/0512 I believe.

I have no idea what's wrong with my router... please help me out guys. :)

Edited by Rion, 22 May 2009 - 02:00 PM.

Advertisements

Rion

Rion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
So I've done all the port forwarding/static IP stuff... but the portchecker program is telling me that the ports aren't open even after configuring it all for my router.

I've disabled my Firewall too, so I don't know what's going on here. What should I do? :)

Does it help to know that my sister also plays the same game as me? Would multiple connections be causing this problem?

Edited by Rion, 28 May 2009 - 02:39 PM.

Rion

Rion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'm pretty sure my firmware is up to date. I'm using a Linksys BEFW11S4 Ver.4 for reference.

I'm connected by ethernet.

Tempted to just replace the dang thing all together... the thing is a rollercoaster! 2 days ago, we were connected almost the whole day with no disconnections, then after that it's like a disconnect every 15-30 mins. A little flakey, eh? :)

Edited by Rion, 29 May 2009 - 12:14 PM.