Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fonts Still Appear as Symbols

• Please log in to reply

brookseegirl

brookseegirl

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
By renaming the fonttext.dll file fonttext.old file, I was able to get my fonts back in my font file in Windows. I saw that trick on another site where someone was having font problems. I still can't get them to transfer over to Word or other programs, though. There are still only two fonts symbol fonts there. When I try to delete one, it won't let me. It appears as a hidden file, BTW. The other doesn't show up at all. It is Mediascape OSD Icon. Even by running a search for it on my computer, it doesn't appear to exist. Yet, it is one of two fonts listed in Word. There are still no fonts listed under Control Panel/Internet Options.

A new event is that, in utter exasperation, I decided I would restore back to last September, the only restore point I had a week ago. Now, that restore point is non-existant. It says I have no restore points

Please help me!!!!

Advertisements