Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email Notifications Woes

• Please log in to reply

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
There seems to be some serious issues with email notifications for new threads. I got 8 emails (all sent at the same minute) alerting me to this new topic: http://www.geekstogo...lp-t239957.html.

I got 2 notification for http://www.geekstogo.../-t239952..html

However, I got only the expected 1 notification for other new threads - but don't know if I got all that I should have.

I do want to be notified of new threads, but I only need one email. Any one else having problems?

I tried un-subcribing and re-subscribing to the forums I like to watch, but that did not seem to help.

Edited by Digerati, 23 May 2009 - 06:35 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The topic with 8 notifications was started about the time of the nightly server backup. This is a known issue. As is the occasional double notification.

I'll take a fresh look, but this has been a known issue with IPB forum software, MySQL and large forums. We'll soon be upgrading to MySQL 5.1 which may help. If not, hopefully version 3.0 of the forum software will (due this summer).

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Thanks for info. Yeah, I have seen these problems at many sites - but 8 emails was the most I have experienced. That said, I would rather get multiples, than none - which I fear happens too often as well. I hope the updates help.

Thanks again.