Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop wont turn on, what could it be?

• Please log in to reply

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
I have a Acer laptop It's about 4 years old. Basically when I press the power button it makes a small sound, this sounds like the fan then it just cuts off within 2 seconds. I get nothing on the screen, or beeps. The battery light on my laptop just stays off throughout this whole process also no lights come on.

Here's some things I've found:

1. When I try turning it on without the battery in it, and only the A/C cord plugged in it doesn't even make the fan or any noises just stays off.
2.When I leave the battery in and no a/c cord it makes it out like it's trying to turn on (the fan noise) but then about a second or 2 it shuts off.

What do you think it could be?

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
My first guess would be the power cord. Do you have a voltmeter you can test the power cord with?

This can either be due to the power cord or the power circuitry. Hopefully, it is the cord.

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Thanks,

I went ahead and found one on ebay and bought it they have a 30 day return policy so if it doens't work i'll ship it back and get a refund.

Thanks I'll let you know as soon as it comes in and I test it!

Thank you!!!