Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me with se7525gp2 no boot issue Please!

• Please log in to reply

video_film

video_film

• Pip
  • 1 posts
help me with se7525gp2 no boot issue Please!

I'm having trouble with the install on an Intel SE7525GP2, I was hoping there was someone out there who has installed one of these that will be kind enough to help me.

I am certainly not a beginer when it comes to building my own machines but this one has me stumped.

I have everything connected and have gone through the check list of options for the 3 beep error code at intels website.

I have the se7525gp2 MOBO and the server chassis 5300.

I get nothing on the video monitor when I power up, no post at all, I would expect to at least see a bios loading but nothing. I have used the on board video , I have used a PCI-E video card, I have used a PCI VGA card I use to test PCs, which I know for a fact works without any drivers on every system I have ever build, which is about 20 single CPU systems and 1 Dual CPU.

I hear the 3 beep error code which intel says is the failure to load first 64k of memory.

I have used Ram I know is good from another PC, I have put matching size and manufacturer in both B1 and B2, I have tried with just one stick in B1

I have replaced the cmos battery. I have done everything on the intel check list

Reseat the memory.
Make sure that the contacts on the memory and the socket are clean.
Try removing one bank of memory modules at a time. Note: Some systems might need to have a memory module in Bank 0.
Try using memory modules from the same manufacturer with the same part number and speed.
Check for a faulty memory module by trying the memory in a known good system.
Trying known good memory in the system.
Check the power supply and check for power fluctuations.
If the steps above do not resolve the problem, the desktop board may be defective. Try a different desktop board.

I have even tried reseating the CPUs.

I have done everything except replace the MOBO

When I changed the search terms to no boot SE7525GP2 I got a no boot check list for the server chassis 5300

and have been following these steps with no success

1. Download FRUSDR 1.47 or higher and extract to a floppy diskette.
2. Plug rear system fan to CPU#1 fan header on the server board.
3. Power on system and upgrade FRUSDR with the floppy diskette created in step 1.
4. Power down system and unplug rear system fan from CPU#1 fan header, and re-connect to correct system fan header. Power on system. The system should boot up properly.

Please can anyone suggest anything before I buy another 700 motherboard from intel???????????

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sounds like you've tried most everything then... I'd probably say motherboard. :)

slzds

slzds

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know it's many years too late, but I just wanted to say, that maybe You have installed DDR NON-ECC RAM, but it must be a DDR ECC registered RAM :)
Guess the member isn't active here anymore, but who cares? :D

Edited by slzds, 14 December 2012 - 06:41 AM.