Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bookmarks and toolbar reset!?

• Please log in to reply

pc-dumb-caboose

pc-dumb-caboose

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am using Firefox and jsut recently my bookmarks dissapeared as well as my toolbar. WHat coudl cause this. i have been having a problem with the pc shutting off (talked about in another thread).

Is there a way to restore my bookmarks?

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
spyware problems,

download ad-aware and spybot, run them and delete whatever they find

WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
mozillaZine's Frequently Asked Support Questions

The second link.

Yvetynot

Yvetynot

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for all the tips.I may not be doing this right because when I go to start Firefox I don't get a profile box option.And of course the exe. has to be working to pull it up so I am confused still about working thru that one. As far as re-importing goes it was years of accumulated stuff from older pc's and a bunch of newly acquired sites. Oh well...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Thanks for all the tips.I may not be doing this right because when I go to start Firefox I don't get a profile box option.And of course the exe. has to be working to pull it up so I am confused still about working thru that one. As far as re-importing goes it was years of accumulated stuff from older pc's and a bunch of newly acquired sites. Oh well...

View Post

Your bookmarks for FF are still on your HD in a HTML file. Do a HD search for bookmarks.html and that should bring up the location where FF keeps its bookmarks file. You need to copy location down so you will know next time or move it to My Documents folder in a folder of its own.

You can import back into FF using Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks and then File>Import. I would make a backup copy by exporting to your backup disk.

Ron

WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Your bookmarks are in your profile folder. http://kb.mozillazin.../Profile_Folder