Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Syncing MP3's

• Please log in to reply

Jwarne

Jwarne

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is well.

I have a SANSA 8GB VIEW mp3 player. It syncs properly and everything works great. I just bought a stereo system with a USB port so I can play the SANSA through it. When I plug the SANSA into it, it works fine but the 'sorting' folders are random numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...), whereas I believe they're supposed to be artist names or album names (so you can navigate the music easily). Also, the songs are coming up as random numbers instead of song names (0000000561, 000562, etc.). So, I'm having to navigate my music by random numbers instead of meaningful information.

I think it may have to do with a combination of the USB mode, but I have no clue. Any idea how I can get the songs to show up as song names instead of random numbers after a sync?

Thanks!!!

Advertisements

Jwarne

Jwarne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Oh, and I'm using Windows Media Player to sync the device.

Thanks again!