Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove all trace of a program from my computer?

• Please log in to reply

sonicblue

sonicblue

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I recently used a program called Audio Comparer (http://audiocomparer.com/). After a 30 day trial I decided to purchase. Unfortunately, when I tried to open the program post trial it just crashed. Windows Vista gave me a popup that said "AudioComparer.exe has stopped working" before the actual program ever appeared on my screen. My only option from here was to click "Close program".

I've attempted uninstalling and reinstalling. I also went into the registry and deleted it's entries. None of these methods worked.

Is there anything I can do here? I figure my only option is to completely remove all traces of the program of my PC and then try again. But beyond uninstalling and deleting it's entries in the registry, I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I'm not sure, if I understand your problem.
You want to install paid version, but it won't let you, because it discovers some previous version leftovers, or....?

sonicblue

sonicblue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The trial version allows you to enter your license key to activate all of the features. There isn't a seperate .exe for the full version. My problem is that the program stopped opening when the 30 day trial period ended. Re-installing and deleting it's registry entries did not resolve the issue. I can only assume that some trace of the software is still present on my computer. Why else would it keep crashing?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Well, since you paid for the program, you should contact the maker: they fix it, or refund your money.