Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Messed up Wireless connection!

• Please log in to reply

Ali1234

Ali1234

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ok, erm I was trying to create a wireless network for a home so that the two laptops and desktop in our house could share files and printers. This did not work, and I made a big hash of setting it up, mainly due to misunderstandings from the network set up wizard. Anyhoo, I gave up, but now the wireless internet connection on the laptops does not work (the router (Netgear) is connected to the desktop) but it works fine on the desktop.
MAJOR EDIT: Stupid me. Restarting the router solved the internet issue. But could anyone give me a walkthrough on how to create a wireless network that allows internet, file sharing and printint?

Thanks so much for your time,

Ali

Edited by Ali1234, 25 May 2009 - 05:44 AM.

Advertisements

abneb217

abneb217

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Take a look here Spacecowboy's tutorial
...just scroll down to the wireless networking section....that's a pretty nicely detailed walkthrough.