Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

World of Warcraft Video Problem. Please Help

• Please log in to reply

YoungEnterprise

YoungEnterprise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have played wow for several years with my laptop with no problems. Two days after the latest patch my graphics went haywire. After I get past the log in screen I get alot of blinking and moving lines and triagles all over the screen making it impossible to see to play. I first tried updating my video drivers with no luck. I then uninstalled then reinstalled the wow software and updates, nothing. I then wiped my computer, tore it down and made sure everything was clean and not over heating, reinstalled windows XP, updated all the drivers, directx, java, etc as well as the wow software and updates again. My laptop now seems to run a little faster but I still have the same issue with wow. I have turned down everything video wise in wow as well as disabling the audio. I have disabled my anti virus to see if it was causing the problem and nothing. I am running a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor, 1.25GB of ram, windows XP service pack 3, and Nvidia Geforce 4 440 GO 64M video. I can not find any other areas where I am having video problems except with the wow software. I also have no add ons installed with the wow software. I just checked and im running 311ms latency and 13 fps on wow. Can anyone help with this issue? Thanks, Chris.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello YoungEnterprise and welcome to G2G!

Blinking/moving lines, distorted triangles/other shapes usually come under the term "artifacting" and is usually caused by overheating, graphics card BIOS issues or a dying card.

Do you have any graphics related problems with other games?

YoungEnterprise

YoungEnterprise

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No the only problem I had was with WOW. But I finally tried a Vid driver for newer model vid card then mine that took care of the problem. Thanks for the reply.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Glad you got it sorted, enjoy the game.

dieterhead

dieterhead

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, I'm having the same problem. Except when I restart my computer, the screen goes black after the windows loading screen. If I leave it off for several hours, its fine but Warcraft will not work. What Video driver did you use to fix it?