Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to remove this stop error (blue screen)

• Please log in to reply

shadowkid

shadowkid

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
hey, i'm using a dell desktop, DXP061, and i've been having this blue screen whenever i try to boot:
"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer. Technical information: ***0x0000007B(0xF7802524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

i've tried running in safe mode, normally and last known settings. all of them give me the blue screen. i also tried booting my windows xp system restore cd but when it's done loading all the files, it says it's going to start windows up and then i get the blue screen.

i dont know what else to do, help?

P.S. i also get this:
"Floppy diskette seeks failure
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility"

Edited by shadowkid, 25 May 2009 - 02:49 PM.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
What do you remember doing before this problem started?
Can you get into Safe Mode with Command Prompt?
If so, then type in chkdsk /r

If not, then click on "Recovery Console Instructions" in my sig, and follow the instructions to burn a bootable CD. Boot into the Recovery Console with this CD, press "R" when prompted to (look at the bottom of the screen)

Then try giving these commands:
fixboot
fixmbr
chkdsk /r
The chkdsk will take a long time to complete. DO NOT interrupt the process. In doing so, you could risk the integrity of your file system.

shadowkid

shadowkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
let's see.. i was disk defragmenting and virus scanning computer while playing WoW. then my WoW froze for a long time so i turned off the power. now i got this.
i cannot get into safe mode with command prompt

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

If not, then click on "Recovery Console Instructions" in my sig, and follow the instructions to burn a bootable CD. Boot into the Recovery Console with this CD, press "R" when prompted to (look at the bottom of the screen)

Then try giving these commands:
fixboot
fixmbr
chkdsk /r
The chkdsk will take a long time to complete. DO NOT interrupt the process. In doing so, you could risk the integrity of your file system.

Your situation leads me to think that the problem is a corrupted filesystem. Follow the instructions above.
Once you are done using the Recovery Console type in:
exit

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Another command to run in the Recovery Console would be:
fdisk /mbr
The article is here: http://support.micro....com/kb/122221/

shadowkid

shadowkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
hey, i burned the cd and when i put it in, first i get
"Floppy diskette seeks failure"
i press f1 to continue, then i get
"Selected boot device not available -
strike f1 to retry boot, f2 for setup utility"
i tried to reboot but same thing happens.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Read this: https://help.ubuntu....nity/BootFromCD
It is for something else, but the concepts are the same to boot from disc.
To get into your BIOS press F2.

shadowkid

shadowkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
okay, i burned the disc and checked everything. it loads the files and then it says it's going to start windows up.
now i get a new blue screen stop error.
"check for disk space, something about bios.
stop: 0x00007e"

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
You can try doing a system restore from the recovery console.

System Restore using Recovery Console
This procedure can be used when windows will not start and Safe Mode options are not effective. It allows access to the system restore folders in order to recover from a corrupt registry. This is particularly useful when dealing with machines that didn't come with a recovery cd, the cd does not contain the option to run a repaie installation, or you are using the RC.iso cd.
Boot from the Windows XP installation CD...after the first several screens load, you will be given a choice to choose R for Recovery Console. You will then be asked to log in. Choose the installation to be repaired by number (usually 1) and press "Enter". When you are asked for the Administrator password, leave it blank and press "Enter".

When you get to the recovery console prompt:
• Type cd \ and press "Enter".
• Type cd system~1\_resto~1 and press "Enter".
• Type dir and press "Enter".
After you press enter you will see a list of folders (like rp1, rp2) If the list of restore points has more than one page then press the "Enter" key until you reach the end of the list.
• Type cd rp {number of the second to last folder in the list} and press "Enter". (Example: Type cd rp9 if rp10 is the last restore point.)
• Type cd snapshot and press "Enter".
• Type copy _registry_machine_system c:\windows\system32\config\system and press "Enter".
• Type copy _registry_machine_software c:\windows\system32\config\software and press "Enter".
• Type exit and press "Enter".
Your PC will reboot.

If you get an access denied error when doing the above, then do the following at the recovery console:
• Type cd \ and press "Enter".
• Type cd windows\system32\config and press "Enter".
• Type ren system system.bak and press "Enter".
• Type exit and press "Enter".
Your PC will reboot, go back into the Recovery Console and start from the beginning.

shadowkid

shadowkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
i'm not given a choice to press "r"

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
We have to make sure that your hard disk is okay.
Download Seatools For DOS from here: http://www.seagate.c...ols/seatooldreg
Download the ISO CD-ROM Image EN. Burn it to a disc with BurnCDCC which you can get from here: http://www.terabyteu...ee-software.htm

Boot from the disc and run the diagnostics. Here is a tutorial: http://seagate.custk...sp?DocId=201271

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Try this
Here is a link that you can download the recovery console to your desktop.
And here is a link that tells you how to make the disc.
This is used to repair your computer, using the proper utilitys.

shadowkid

shadowkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
apparently i tried this before and doesn't work still.

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Then your hard drive may have failed.
Please try the diagnostic test for your hard drive as advised by Edge2022.

shadowkid

shadowkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

We have to make sure that your hard disk is okay.
Download Seatools For DOS from here: http://www.seagate.c...ols/seatooldreg
Download the ISO CD-ROM Image EN. Burn it to a disc with BurnCDCC which you can get from here: http://www.terabyteu...ee-software.htm

Boot from the disc and run the diagnostics. Here is a tutorial: http://seagate.custk...sp?DocId=201271

where do i download this : ISO CD-ROM Image EN