Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitors + Games Minimizing

• Please log in to reply

StealthSoul

StealthSoul

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I recently got dual monitors and I haven't come around to trying to solve this issue yet.

When playing games (specifically Counter Strike Source), I would like to use the second monitor in order to browse the internet without the game minimizing so I know when a new round starts. The problem is, when clicking on anything on the second monitor - the game minimizes.

The only solution I've found so far is playing the game windowed, but having the blue bar at the top of the screen can get annoying, plus I lose a bit of the screen on the bottom and right (due to the start menu and the bars around the window).

This is a game I like playing with a full screen and full resolution, so unlike other games I play I do not want to play with a smaller window.

Is there a solution for this?
Can I use a program to somehow simulate the windowed effect so that the game takes up the whole screen, putting away the bars and the start menu but still behaves as if it is being windowed?

Thanks - Stealth

Advertisements

farkinid

farkinid

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Sorry good sir,

As far as I know there is no way around this. I've been looking for an answer to this problem for a while now.

Like you said, the only solution is window-ed mode. I suffer a drop in FPS when I do that. So I have no choice but to not click anything outside my main screen.

farkinid

StealthSoul

StealthSoul

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
That kinda sucks.. Oh well :) At least I can still watch stuff on the other screen!

Thanks a lot for the reply!