Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Redirect to Google....unable to connect to anit vires sights

• Please log in to reply

stew45

stew45

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have no idea where to start. I am unable to do any microsoft up dates. I tryed to do a system restore and it wont let me do that. I figured that I could use my wifes computer to download and updates of AVG. when I did a search it also redirected me back to google.... I got my laptop out and you got it samething. I then reformated my computer but that didnt help. I have two hard drives I figure drive D is infected also. My wifes computer has 4 hard drives. I am at a real loss on how to fix this thing. I keep trying to load spybot search and distroy but it is unable to find the server to do a update.

Thanks
Stew

My laptop uses AVG commerical I called tech support they had me go to AVG.com\support and read FAQ 1865. I went to my brothers house and used his computer to read FAQ# 1865 AVG update - "Access forbidden by server". I followed the instructions and downloaded the softwear. I also downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and ran it to my flash drive and then updated it. I Ran the programs on the laptop and the programs found nothing. I was still not able to download updates or go to microsofts update page with out being redirected to the google search page. In my reading this weekend about what the causes may be there was a short blurb about someones router being infected with malwear. well to make a long story short I took out the router and hooked up to the cable moden directly. I am now able to do all the updates and download the different softwear. I am no longer being redirected. I hope this helps others that are having the same problem.....It may be in your router.

Stew

Edited by stew45, 26 May 2009 - 02:42 PM.

Advertisements