Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

McAfee causing problems with email (?)

• Please log in to reply

davidlewis

davidlewis

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
I have McAfee software installed and access email through ISP Virgin Media. Using the internet is fine, but the email service is terrible - the email pages take an age to come up, doing everything is very slow and sometimes just completely stops.
Our computer has got added memory and Virgin Media are adament it is nothing to do with them.
Some people have been telling me that the problem is McAfee - according to them McAfee is known to cause these sorts of problems with email. Also I do notice that when starting up my computer McAfee is often downloading/installing stuff.
Do you have any suggestions or any opinions re McAfee?? Does any of this sound familiar?!
thanks David

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Uninstall it. Useless piece of crap.
If the problems clear up after you remove McAfee, then that program is causing the problem.