Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

And the winner of the stupid suggestion is

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Am I wrong in thinking that "if I don't change my computer layout(neither adding new hardware nor new programs) my HJT log will reflect it", and "if I then get infected my HJT log will equally reflect the infection as a difference", - one should perhaps then compare copies of this before and after situation, wouldn't then the reading of ones own logs become simpler for people newish to HJT. If this is a bad idea or a good idea with reservations, please spare a words to explain here.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Legitimate programs. and new versions of HJT both produce different logs. If you were to never change your system, and never update HJT it may work, but is not practical for most people.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Add to that the fact that not everything is shown in a HijackThis log and you will understand why it's not common practice.

Regards,