Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Average salary for entry-level programmer?

• Please log in to reply

freik

freik

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi everyone,
So I recently graduated from college a while ago and have been looking for a job since. I've been interviewing at places and I think I've been low-balling myself when asked the "expected pay" question. I don't have much real-world experience when interviewing for a professional position. This is the beginning of my professional life (I hope).

I was wondering what the average salary for an entry-level programmer is? I'm currently living in Winnpeg, Manitoba, Canada. I've done a few searches and have found mostly US cities. I have yet to find a site for Canadian cities. Can anyone please suggest what an expected salary should be? or perhaps a site that shows Canadian cities? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
According to CareerCruising.com, most computer programmers in Canada earn between $40,000 to $75,000 per year, with average income being about $55,000. That obviously depends on education and experience, so I expect an entry level programmer with college experience would earn somewhere around the $45,000 mark.

freik

freik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Wow, I've really been low-balling myself. Many thanks for the info.