Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SONY CD-RW CRX320E detects CDs but not DVDs

• Please log in to reply

lufta

lufta

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Recently my computer froze and I restarted it to find that I needed to reboot. I didn't have the XP disc so I brought it into the shop and the guy reset it or something. Now its back and all my files and apps are still there but the problem is it can detect CDs but not DVDs, though before the so call reset, it used to.

Edited by lufta, 27 May 2009 - 07:16 AM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well it depends on what kind of dvds you are talking about... if you mean it won't play movie dvds anymore it may be that it doesn't have dvd software installed. If you mean it doesn't see any dvd including data it could be that the drive is dying... without knowing what the shop did though it's quite hard to say what happened...

lufta

lufta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This has actually happened before (Windows crashing spectacularly) and was brought in to the same store and was reset and the same thing happened. A while later it crashed again, was brought in and this time, the Windows was re-installed and the driver worked perfectly again.

P.S. That little green HP icon for device recognition or something isn't showing anymore after I got the computer back from the reset.