Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winbluesoft

• Please log in to reply

Psychaotics

Psychaotics

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello geekstogo,

Recently I have contracted Winbluesoft thinking it was a anti-virus while it was instead more malware. I found out just after I installed it, because instead of normally researching something before I download it I went in head first. I think I have uninstalled Winbluesoft, but I still receive the following two messages:

"Spyware Alert! Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of WinBlueSoft and remove spyware threats from your PC."

"Microsoft Windows Your computer is low on memory! It can happend because this computer is infected by viruses. Save your files and press 'Close programs' button. You must install any antivirus software and check this computer! [Close programs][cancel]" This one is really bothersome because it freezes my laptop for a few seconds each time it opens, and is signaled by my laptop giving off a long hi-pitched beeping noise.

Also, anytime i go to a new website or stay on the same page for a few minutes I get a security warning from Winbluesoft so there is the possibility I haven't uninstalled it yet.

I know I'm going to have to post logs and text documents here, but I'm not exactly sure what so can someone help me, thank you in advance.

Edited by Psychaotics, 27 May 2009 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements