Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

worm problem... need major help

• Please log in to reply

ThisIsVandalism

ThisIsVandalism

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Please note im on a faulty laptop as it is (sister split milk on it and every few button presses it adds a few 2's in...) so im having to type/delete every few seconds making this very hard work...

Our main computer has got a worm as far as i can tell. were runing windows xp. every time we log into the computer it pops up with an error message stating that it will shutdown in 60 seconds.

A few of my friends who claim to have computer knowlege have had a look and come up none the wiser each time we sent the computer for a health check every year and every time it comes back just as bad as it was before so we decided 2 give up on that and literally 6 months in its worst than it has ever been before...

I can get into the bios settings but am unable to get into anything further than that as it shuts down before i can even get into the start menu...

I have never used the computer for downloading music etc as this would have invalidated our warranty (which typically ran out just a few months ago...) so i have no idea how this could have gotten into the system.

I basically need someone who can tell me how to rollback the system through the bios page or something along them lines. im as useless a person as you can come across with computers so if theres any1 out there who can help please explain it in as basic terms as is possible.

I just wanna be able to use my computer again :)

Many thanks kyle.

Advertisements

lostos

lostos

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Even though I would gladly try to solve your problem, you should address to the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal forum section.

While we appreciate the fact that you want to help out, we do not allow non-Staff Members to post Malware help on the boards. There are too many things that could go wrong. Many of our members are not well trained in computer operation and do not have the skills required to remove these infections on their own. After all, if they could remove the infection safely on their own, they wouldn’t be asking us for assistance. We prefer to have these issues fixed in the controlled environment of the malware forum with the assistance and guidance of our Malware experts. I hope you can understand the sensitive nature of this.

If you are interested in training to become a Staff Member, please go Here and fill out an application.

Thank you for your cooperation!
If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin

Edited by dsenette, 28 May 2009 - 07:42 AM.
Malware advice by nonstaff

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

ThisIsVandalism

ThisIsVandalism

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ah no worries. sorry about posting this in the wrong forum.