Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help-get a blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Uncheck it.
Restart computer.
Check it back.
Restart computer.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
That should fix the volume control problem. If it doesn't then try installing this: http://h20000.www2.h...S...ode=4&idx=0

mombasa00

mombasa00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thanks will try that.

Is there a way to check which all drivers are out of date or possibly corrupted? and fix them all.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Why the question about drivers?

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
It really doesn't matter to keep your drivers up to date. Although it might fix some bugs in them.
http://h20000.www2.h...S...&taskId=135
Choose your OS, and you should see all the drivers for devices that came installed with your computer. You don't need to update all of them.

To Broni.
If your method above doesn't work, I suggested he try to install a newer version of his sound drivers. I have seen this fix the volume control problem before.

mombasa00

mombasa00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Excellent. The volume control now appears in my system tray. Thanks much. Broni's suggestion worked.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Nice :)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Good Job! :)
Glad to see that everything got sorted out.

mombasa00

mombasa00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Ok, so what is causing my explorer.exe to run at 97% ??? I posted the hijack file in malware forum and Kadah confirmed there was no malware.
http://www.geekstogo...99-t239949.html
I thought whatever was causing BSoD was the cause of the CPU hog and system slowness. So if that is not the case, any ideas what is going on?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Download Process Explorer: http://technet.micro...s/bb896653.aspx
Unzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.
Click on View > Select Colunms.
In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.
Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.
Attach the file to your next reply.

Advertisements

mombasa00

mombasa00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thanks for your help Broni. Here you go...

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
OK. Actually, it's not explorer.exe eating up your CPU resources, but firefox.exe at 40.30%.
Definitely, something wrong here.

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode).
Post new Process Explorer log.

mombasa00

mombasa00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Well, when the system really slows down, the task manager shows explorer.exe with CPU at 95+. It's just that when I ran the procexp, explorer was behaving and firefox was running high.

I'll post procexp again when explorer misbehaves. For now here is the procexp output with firefox in safe mode.

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Again, as you can see from your Process Explorer snapshot, it's not explorer.exe running your CPU, but it's sub-process, firefox.exe:

Posted Image

On a top of it, svchost.exe, and services.exe use significant chunk of CPU, and I don't like it at all.
It's simply suspicious.

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

mombasa00

mombasa00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
ok thanks broni.