Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help-get a blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Sure thing :)

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Hope the malware techs can sort this out.
Good luck! :)

mombasa00

mombasa00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thanks to you both for your help. I am out of town next week so will make a post upon my return as i don't want the kind helper to have to wait for my response.

Edited by mombasa00, 05 June 2009 - 01:52 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Take your time. :)
Also, can you post your malware topic link.

Good luck! :)

mombasa00

mombasa00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Folks, I am back. Now I am getting more frequent blue screen errors and other issues. Should I open a new topic or continue right here? Not sure if it's still the same problem :)

What all do u need me to capture.

Thanks in advance.

To explain other problems...laptop heats up extremely fast and fan has gotten louder! If I try to put it in standby, the monitor goes off, disk and fan appear to stop but the power is still on (hence continues to heat I think). If I turn it off and on again (the only way to bring it back), I get a "Insert Smart Card into reader" message and just sits there. Power cycle again and it gives "164 Memory Size Error". if I let it cool down after power down (usually 5mins or so) then it comes up fine. but then may die with a blue screen or overheat again. Very annoying.

Edited by mombasa00, 30 June 2009 - 12:58 AM.