Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netzero Installer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Embarrassing question. And I'm about nuts. I bought a Dell Mini 10v for a friend as a gift, she has dialup internet and uses NetZero. I've not had any trouble installing any programs BUT this one. This laptop comes with WinXP Home SP3.

I downloaded the most up to date launcher from the NZ website. When I double click it starts an unpacker and then shuts down. I also have a NetZeroInstaller on the C drive, which I've also tried double clicking and it does the same thing.

I attempted to find an older installer, which I did download and run, but I get an error that says for the best experience while connected to netzero it's recommended you set your video resolution to 800x600 or higher, minimum 256 color, etc, and steps on how to do it. The monitor is running at a resolution of 1024 x 576, so it does exceed that, somewhat. I cannot set the resolution to anything else.

I've had trouble installing programs before so sometimes I go into safemode and can install the program, that doesn't work with this program.

I've found NOTHING googling from any of my search queries. I cannot believe I'm having this much difficulty with THIS. I'm honestly ready to pull my hair out.

** had to connect the mini to my desktop monitor, fiddle with the settings until the display was on the desktop monitor by itself, and it autoset to my desktop monitors resolution, I was able to install the program with a simple doubleclick.

Edited by ADNoland, 01 June 2009 - 03:04 PM.

Advertisements