Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Card

• Please log in to reply

outlaw3

outlaw3

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have integrated graphics and need a video card for playing some games like cod4. I know I will also have to up grade the power source as its only 280w. Ive been looking at Tiger direct and some computer stores but there are so many video cards out there its confusing the heck out of me. I also heard the game Crisis takes a pretty good card and Im considering buying it. Any suggestions? I have 2.33 Core 2 Quad and 6gb ram.

Advertisements

outlaw3

outlaw3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
PCI express

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To save some time Here is the topic that i helped outlaw3 find his configuration for his system and all other information needed for his system. i hope this helps everyone out.

Edited by rshaffer61, 29 May 2009 - 10:50 AM.

outlaw3

outlaw3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Tiger Direct has 2 on sale for $59.00

XFX Geforce 9600 GSO
768 MB DDR2

EVGA Geforce 9500 GT
1 GB DDR2

Are these very good cards?

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Both those graphics cards would be fine for playing a game such as CoD4. They both have fairly similar features, but personally I would go with the 9600 GSO as it's performance would most likely make up for it's lack of memory.

outlaw3

outlaw3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I finally decided to buy a xfx Geforce gtx260 and then found out its to big to fit in the box. Does anyone know if the 250 series is physically smaller or what would be an equivalent of the 260 that is small enough to fit?