Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc Problems

• Please log in to reply

superman74

superman74

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hope someone can help me out here.

I came home jumped on to the computer and tried to log into my game several times and nothing popped up. I then saw a balloon pop up saying that my game had corrupted files so I proceeded to the folder that all my filed reside in and started the game with one of the loaders and it started up I still got corrupted file messages. After I was done I logged off game and tried to log into my yahoo. I wouldnt let me in said server error loggin any site I wanted or needed to log into I couldnt. So I decided I had enough and shut down the computer and go to bed. I wake up the next morning and thought to myself I am going to do a fresh install, I go int othe computer room and see my computer is mysteriously on. My computer was stuck on the screen where it shows all the info and system checks. I tried restarting it and got the same thing wouldnt go any further.

I also tried to boot from cd and nothing worked there either it jsut keeps going back to that info screen I know there is a technical term for it I just dont know it. Either way I cant get to windows at all and Icant get to safe mode or do a fresh install either. Does this mean that my hard drive is junk or my mobo? any help really appreciated.

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Sounds like you are stuck at the BIOS screen.

Hard to tell what the issue is whithout knowing exactly what the screen is displaying and where you are stuck. If it is stuck in the BIOS detecting a hard drive and locking that could mean the drive is bad.

You might shut the system completely off, open it up, make sure all the cables are seated properly on the motherboard and devices, check the motherboard for any blown (or about to blow) capacitors (they will be puffy on top and the "X" on top of them will have either broke open or be about to break open).

Make sure when the system is running that all your fans (the CPU fan, the case fans and the power supply fan) are running properly.