Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hacked + weird issue question

• Please log in to reply

wallo

wallo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I had a problem just a moment ago where I left my computer inactive, and I noticed the firefox web page that was open switched to a different one I had hidden behind it on its own. The windows were grouped together, so I'm not sure if it was just a weird error or something.

But when this happened, it reminded me of the time I got Comcast and I was trying to get the internet up and running. What happened then was I had to fill out a comcast registration page I when I opened the IE browser window and it directed me there. It was one part of a two step process.

The second step involved having an actual comcast installer put in whatever information that "unlocks" the internet (I know it sounds funny but I can't explain it better)so that the registration page or error page wouldn't block access.

Rather than have someone come out though, I instead called in and they were somehow able to fix the problem from their end which seemed like a sort of hijack. Afterward they told me the directions to do it myself which involved going through a few windows under the properties option of IE which had me delete and reset something. I forgot the location though.

So my question is do either of these cases sound like a hijack or hacking attempt?

Advertisements