Now, I am an idiot. I know VERY little about computers.
This is a everex stepnote. XP
Here is what is going on:
1. my computer was very slow, freezing up all the time where as I would restart and then try to open a new window, those wouldnt even load, they would freeze up to. with 'program not responding errors'
2. i know one of the errors is explorer/exe is not reponding.
3. I cant afford to take it to someone, so I just decided to reinstall XP reboot the whole durn thing. Lost everything, cause I didnt save it right...
4. I have tried for DAYS to install my word 97. when I finally do get the CD to become recognized it says there is not signifigant memory or some such.
5. cant install my HP printer, even though it always 'finds' it when I restart. it wont do the disk.
6. I am on dial up. I know this is an issue, BUT it should only make pages load slow. NOT make windows OPEN slow.
7. I know I have plenty of memory, I used to have hundreds of pictures, dozens of programs etc, and still had like 80% free space.
8. I cant even play a simple game like farmtown on facebook. I go in, play about 10 minutes and then it freezes up. I only do message boards, and chat on FB and check emails all day. I dont do anything fun or fancy. Sometimes I download pics from my camera and put them on my blog. But I have to reboot at least 12 times in an 8 hour period.
9. I did download a registarty cleaner thing. it found 65 errors, then wanted money. I have NONE. seriously. So I couldnt use it.
10. 3 times in the last week (since the reinstall) its said my picture or video had timed out or such. and it put me in a 'safe mode' until I could reboot...
thats all I can remember right now.
Thank you for helping.
again, its an everex laptop, stepnote N series.
okay, this is annoying, but not detrimental. I am typing away, and because my mouse is set up at the top of the screen, or somewhere else. all of a sudden I am no longer typing "here" I am typing UP there. where ever the mouse is sitting.. I am on a laptop. I do remmeber that it used to do this, but it stopped. How can I make it stop again? I use a cordless mouse.
The only programs I have are roboform, (I lost all my passwords when I didnt save it on a flash drive properly. .... ) and thats IT. nothing else will 'recognize' and I cant install them.
Edited by chelebyerly, 29 May 2009 - 11:45 AM.