Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help connecting internet/router wires

• Please log in to reply

LiZaDaisy

LiZaDaisy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Need help connecting ethernet wires. Ok, bear with me. I have a laptop, i use my fathers pc to get internet thru a wired ethernet(router di-604). My wonderful father decided to clean up his area and unplugged everything, when he put it all back of course i now have no internet connection, he plugged it in all wrong mixed the wires up. We have a dsl and ethernet. I have a blue wire and a yellow wire. Is this how it's suppose to be connected? The yellow is the ethernet, i plug one end to the dsl and the other to the router lan? The blue one to the ethernet wan and the other end to his computer? When i do it this way i get internet but he doesn't. It will say on the bottom of the screen limited internet and of course you click the internet and nothing page can not be found. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

wmasmsith

wmasmsith

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Try this. One end of either cable from DSL modem to router WAN port. The other cable should go from a LAN port to the end device, PC, laptop, etc. The cable color doesn't matter.

LiZaDaisy

LiZaDaisy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope. I've tried everyway i can think of with the wires. Either I get the internet and he doesn't or we both get the page "There's a problem with your internet bill call 1 800..". There is no problem with my internet bill, i called. They just gave me some overseas phone number to call.

I think the problem is his computer.