Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need some help on what I can Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

maingon

maingon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright guys I need some help. I am going to be doing a internship in CA this summer, but I dont have a laptop. We are renting a room in a house so I will have a desk. So I thought I would bring my old Dell to use to work on stuff at night. heres the specs

This is from Dell so it might not make sense

Processor,80547,PDSD,830 SKT-T,Male (P4, 830, 3.0Ghz, 800FSB, 2MB,)
Card,Graphic,256,7800,GTX UHMGA13 (NVidia Geforce 7800 GTX PCI-E 16X, 256, With Dual DVI and TV Out)
DELL 160GB SATA150 7200RPM HDD
Windows Xp,Media Center,

F6761 - 512MB, DDR2, 533M, 64X64, 8, 240, 1RX8 Memory Module (Theres 4 of these so I have 2Gigs of ram

Anyone know if I can upgrade the ram to 4 Gigs or anything? if so what kind of RAM do I get?

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
If you're looking to upgrade RAM, I suggest you run the Crucial Online Memory Scanner and check what your system will support for RAM. You don't have to buy anything there, the scan is completely free.

maingon

maingon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks will try that