Weird "Want to format?" Message
Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:23 AM
Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:55 AM
Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:45 PM
Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:07 PM
Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:39 PM
Also, directly copy the important files you need to save on an external drive. Make sure you have a backup of all the data you want to keep.
Also create a boot disc using Acronis: http://www.whatsabyt..._cd_ATI2009.htm
If the drive fails, you will have to get a new one, and restore the image using the boot disc.
Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:51 PM
Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:13 PM
Get the failing drive cloned right away.
If you need any more help, or have any more questions, please feel free to ask them.
Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:22 PM
Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:46 PM
HD1 (old hard drive)
C: and D:
Windows and data files
HD2 (new hard drive)
E: and F:
Windows and movies
Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:55 AM
The old hard drive(2) is D, E, F, G.
Drive D has the original windows, program files; downloads and lots of misc files related to Print Shop (curr4ently not installed).
E has 2.19 GB photos
F shows an unformatted partition but contained hours of downloaded music
G Has more photos and misc from a previous computer
My friend says many of the photos are duplicates and can be deleted but it will take a lot of time to do this.
If you need more information, just let me know. Thanks for your help.
Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:34 AM
Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:08 AM
It looks like your partition table is messed up lets see if we have a chance of recovering it.
- Please download the Ultimate Boot CD here.
- Please burn the file to a CD using a ISO burner. (If you do not have a ISO burner you can get one Here)
- Please boot to the CD using the disk you just burned.
- Press enter to boot to the disk when prompted.
- Using the up and down arrow keys select File System Tools.
- Select Partition Tools.
- Select TestDisk
- Let it load do not press anything until you get to the screen that says at the top:
TestDisk 6.6 Data Recovery Utility
- Unless you have more then one hard drive installed take the default option and press enter to proceed.
- Due to you are on a PC select Intel and press enter.
- Select Analise
- The next screen will display the current partition structure. If you System shows anything but No partition is bootable please post back with what it says.
- Click Enter to Proceed.
- The next screen is where TestDisk will analyze your disk.
- After that it will come back with the results. It should show. Under Partition NTFS. With a Star Indicating Primary Bootable.
- Press enter to continue.
- Use the Left and Right arrow keys to select write.
- Type Y and press enter to confirm.
- Remove the disk.
- Restart your computer.
I hope this is legally downloaded music
contained hours of downloaded music
P2P programs can cause nasties and are highly suggested to be removed
Edited by Artellos, 05 June 2009 - 10:16 AM.
Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:57 AM
The music did not come from a peer to peer sharing site so I guess it is legal.
Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:12 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users