Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

multiple errors with Vista

• Please log in to reply

NavyTech

NavyTech

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am using an ASUS M50S series notebook runnnig Vista Home Premium.
The system was working fine until i noticed issues with gadgets not reponding and messenger not starting. Upon doing a restart the system would not start.System stated that system configuration is incorrect. There were no changes made prior to the problem. A dianostic of the memory showed no errors,and system restore stated that there are files missing that are needed to restore,therefore restore is not possibly.
I am only able to get into the OS by using "last good configuration", but when i do i cannot access the net, network connection states that there a dependant programs missing.
I have been told that it may be a corrupt registry.
Is there any way i can repair the OS/registry without doing a full restore? I have no Vista disk since the laptop has OEM OS.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
If the laptop is still under warranty I would take it in for warranty repairs. My guess is either a hardware problem or your HD is dying.