Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor Pulsating/Flickers

• Please log in to reply

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
I cant really explain it more then my computer acts real weird sometimes when i turn it on and it pulsates / flickers on and off. This would make sense if there was some interference with it like a cell phone... but nothings around it to make it do that. It just does it on its own, most of the time when i turn it on.
Im not entirely sure what type of monitor it is, but on it, it says Nokia Multigraph 447X. If you could help, that would be great cuz this happened with my last monitor too until we had to throw it out since it wouldnt even turn on.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Neighbours. As in people next door, not ropey Australian soap operas.
Monitors are really fickle to interference particularly from microwaves, mobile phones, cordless telephones, etc. Just because you aren't using any of these devices doesn't mean your neighbours aren't using them too.
Of course it may be a problem with the tube inside the monitor if this is a CRT monitor and that's usually a sign of age.

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
I really dont think its the people next door... cuz no one lives there anymore :) And i dont know what CRT is or where it is :)

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
I really dont think its the people next door... cuz no one lives there anymore :) And i dont know what CRT is or where it is :)

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Sorry i double posted due to lag, and i dunno how to delete a post xD

Edited by SakiKitty, 31 May 2009 - 01:09 AM.