Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Power Key Not Working.

• Please log in to reply

cruzerkk

cruzerkk

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
There seems to be something wrong with my laptop power button and i am having to press the power button with a lot of pressure in order to turn my laptop on. I had the same problem a few months ago and got it repaired,it worked for a few days but started occurring again.
I would like to know if there is some key (or key combination) which i can set on my keyboard/keypad which I can use in order to switch 'on' my laptop when it is shut down.

Just guide me as to whether this is possible or not. If yes then please tell me how.

Thanks is advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Think about it. If this was the case would there be a need for a power button? :)
Answer is probably not. You should have took the laptop back to where you had it fixed if the fix only lasted a few days.