Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Improper installation causing virtual memory and hdd issues

• Please log in to reply

sazen

sazen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Im not sure how to start this but, basically Windows set the D: drive as the main install folder. The problem is that D: is the same space it would normally be, around 4gb. This also appears to be the partition that the operating system is installed on. The problems have to stem form the obvious lack of space left on the drive. Basically all the thing that should be in C are in D. I want to transfer the "program files" folder from D to C but I have a felling that it isnt that simple. This problem also slows down the computer, and apparently this leads to issues with virtual memory and regular memory functions. I honestly have no clue on to how to do that without completely [bleep]ing up the computer or having to fully restore it. The C drive is completely empty, although it still has the corresponding folders: system, WINDOWS, program folders, etc..

Advertisements

sazen

sazen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bump

please help

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please write down the make and model of your computer. Please describe briefly what you wanted to achieve and what steps you took.{Did you try to repair windows? Did you try format the disk and clean install windows?. Did you try to reset the computer to factory settings (which equals the second option})?