Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First time build

• Please log in to reply

grantjames

grantjames

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, just wanted an opinion on my new comp build - one thing to keep in mind is I'm from Australia and limited by stock. I'm planning on using itestate.com.au to order through.

Building it mainly for gaming / personal use, don't want to upgrade for a few years and want it to be good enough for Starcraft 2. My main concern is if everything is compatible and if my PSU is enough for the gear - I won't be overclocking.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

PSU:
Power Supply 600W Coolermaster eXtreme Plus RS-600-PCARE3-AU (with SATA Cable)

MB:
MotherBoard Intel S775 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R (Ultra Durable 3)

Case:
Gaming Case Thermaltake V9 VJ40001W2Z Black (23cm Top Fan/12cm Front-Rear Fan)

RAM:
Desktop DDR2 Ram 4GB Kit (2x2048MB) PC6400 800MHz Corsair-Performance XMS2 TWINX2 MATCHED (T2X4096-64C5) 5-5-5-18

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Video card:
Video Card PCI-e (nV) GTX 285 2048MB Sparkle SXX2852048D3-VP

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
What do you mean "limited by stock"? If you want it, I can find it for you. :)

Are you including a hard drive and optical (DVD) drive for this build? Also perhaps an OS?

Other than that, it looks alright, although I'm not a fan of CoolerMaster PSUs. Try looking for an Antec or Seasonic or Corsair instead.

grantjames

grantjames

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
haha woops forgot to include them - just sticking with windows xp for now, going to use my old DVD drive SATA DVD-RW Asus DRW-1814BLT
and HD going to be upgraded to:
3.5" HDD SATA-300 500GB 16MB Seagate (7200rpm)

by limited by stock, I mean we don't have a newegg equivelent in Aus and itestate has decent prices / decent stock range, so I'm limiting my choices to what stock they have :)