Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zonealarm firewall vs. anything else?

• Please log in to reply

unlimitedz3r0

unlimitedz3r0

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Recently something(virus/spyware/malware) got on my computer and went nuts. Something called security system kept showing up and telling me that there was a problem on my computer that it could fix. Whatever got on my computer disabled my anti-virus, kept me from following links on the internet, and kept me from getting to sys config or task manager. I managed to restart my computer and pull up the task manager, and stop any processes that seemed strange by searching for them on google and using the results to see if it should be there or not, since I couldn't follow links. I then searched for system security, but I only found the short-cut on the desktop. So I checked its properties and saw that it was linked to a program with a random number. I searched for that and deleted everything that came up. I went into sys config, and looked at the services and start up, and used google to check everything. Anything that shouldn't be there, or was labeled as spyware/virus I disabled, searched for and deleted. I restarted my computer and was then able to use my anti-virus. I have the zonealarm security suite. It found no problems on my computer, so I thought I was ok. Not long after that, I continued having problems, so I downloaded AVG and found a few infections(virus and spyware) on my computer. I removed those. After that I stumbled on this site, which have led me to get AVAST, Malwarebytes, and Superantispyware.

I say all of that to ask a question. Should I stick with my zonealarm firewall or switch to Comodo, and are the programs I named best for what they do?

Advertisements