Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected and now non-functioning

• Please log in to reply

Izzykas

Izzykas

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I got a Toshiba Satellite and it will not connect to the internet anymore. I was told it was a virus, so I got a new anti virus program on there and it found a couple. So now that's out of the way, I figured I'd still be able to get online with it, but no such luck. I can't connect with wireless or even with my ethernet cable plugged in. I've run all of the progs suggested to remove malware and just put AVG anti virus on here. I've included the logs from rooter, otlist and mbam. Anyone want to give it a look over and let me know what I can try to get it working? the only thing I can't do is update windows because I don't have an internet connection. I'd really appreciate the help!!!

Attached Files

Edited by Izzykas, 31 May 2009 - 09:18 AM.

Advertisements

Izzykas

Izzykas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
also, for what its worth, AVG can apparently connect to the internet and update, but nothing else can or will. and the error message i get when i run the network diagnostics for xp is "Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. This is probably caused by the following settings on your computer.
Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443, and FTP port (21). I have no idear what the [bleep] that even means. Any help?