Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus and Malware alert

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
When trying to access a site on the internet, I was interrupted with a screen identifying itself as Internet Explorer and saying my system is infected with viruses and malware. It referred me to a systems security screen wherein a list was made of all the infections I had which numbered into the hundreds.

Was then referred to a program called esafety.com to run/download. I downloaded to examine it with my anti-virus and malwarebyte programs. Both came up with NO infections.

When I explored further for installing same I then received the warning that the program was not verified and was unknown.

Can anyone tell me just what is going on here? The reason I am concerned as this AM when I tried to boot up, my PC simply would not. I worked most of the AM checking cords, trying CAD, Escape etc. in an effort to boot up. Turning off the PC and waiting for a period of time did not help.

I finally left the PC for about 1-2 hours and then tried once more to log on and lo and behold it booted up smoothly. Have been using it ever since until this evening when I began to get these messages. For a period of time I could not access the internet due to interruptions with these alert warnings.

I scanned my PC fully with my antivirus program which is ESET NOD32 as well as my two anti spam/malware programs which are Super Antispyware and Malwarebytes. All came up with NO infections.

So am left confused and anxious about the state of my PC - is it truly infected or not? Any information will be gratefully awaited.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you are concerned and I doubt it as what you describe is normally nothing more then Spam or a Advertisement then:

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

evonney

evonney

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have a similar problem. My laptop is infected with Personal Antivirus Trogan.Win32.Agent.azsy. I keep getting pop ups saying once it's launched the trojan will attempt to steal passwords. When I try to browse the internet it block the sites and I don't have access to them. I've read through the forums and followed the steps on how to download and save to my desktop the dds, attach, and Gmer. Can you help me??

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
@evonney

Please follow the directions as laid out by Rshaffer61

That will direct you to the proper section of the forum where the trained experts will be able to assist you...

Good luck

Cbarnard