Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lots of issues, most of them regarding XP hijackthis log included

• Please log in to reply

amauri

amauri

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so I recently brought my computer back to life after some major issues. It is still having a slew of problems and I can't seem to fix them. I am running windows XP with SP3 installed. Firstly, I started having a problem where when i started up my computer, sometimes the monitor would turn into an orange, blinking screen, with a lighter bar of orange at the top of the monitor. It only did this about a minute or two after windows had loaded up. The only way to fix it was to press the button for shutdown and then quickly turn it back on again. It did this every other shutdown.

Next, i started getting slowdown issues all throughout my computer. One day, after I shutdown my computer, I booted it back up and it said Windows cannot find the file C:/windows/System32/config/system

I tried to use the recovery disk and it didn't work because a BSOD showed up whenever i selected the drive with windows on it. I think it said something like PAGE_FILE_UNPAGED_AREA. I don't think that was it exactly, but it was something like that. Basically, i did a lot of things other people said would work and they didn't work. The only thing that managed to get my computer up and running again was to use a 3rd party boot disk, BartPE and to restore a few old registry files that had been corrupted. So, now we get to my current problem...

Here is my HijackThis log [attachment=30606:Hijackthis.txt]

My current problem is this: I cannot run system scan disks or defrag. It simply won't let me. It says it will schedule a scandisk and it never does, it says that windows can't start defrag. I have tried so many different fixes for the defrag problem and nothing works. The only way i was able to scandisk was to use the recovery program on the windows CD and run chkdsk.

I am certain this problem is not virus related, i have run MULTIPLE scans with many different software. I have been recently getting an issue with internet explorer and google where it directs me to different webpages and site adresses than what google says they are, if i continue to go back and click the link again, it will direct me to the right page. So could it be spyware related? None of the scans I have run have picked it up.

I am at the end of my rope here, my computer is dying slowly and to make matters worse, when i hooked up this HDD to my moms computer and ran a defrag on my own HDD, her HDD clunked out at 53% of the defrag and won't even be recognized in windows. It shows up as RAW in the partition type. I've been battling this for over 2 weeks now.

I tried using IOLO system mechanic pro 8 to try and fix the issues, and that only made things worse. It made my internet browsers not work anymore and caused further system slowdowns. I uninstalled the program, but I think it is still here creeping around.

I ALSO have been getting this problem periodically:

Service Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

szAppName : MsMpEng.exe szAppVer : 1.1.1593.0 szModName : mpengine.dll

szModVer : 1.1.4701.0 offset : 003f0d39

C:\DOCUME~1\ZANEBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WEReefe.dir00\MsMpEng.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\ZANEBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WEReefe.dir00\appcompat.txt

Anyways, :) PLEASE help me out here! :) :) :) I am pulling my hair out trying to fix these problems. Post what details you need more from me.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
You seem to have a lot of issues going on. Even though you had scanned your computer with many malware tools, there is still a chance that malware could be present. To make sure that we are not dealing with a malware related problem, follow this guide: http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html
If problems persist, post the required logs in the Malware Forum.

Once a tech has declared you clean, come back here if you still have some issues.