Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

calendar sharing in exchange server 2007

• Please log in to reply

Elyts

Elyts

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey,

It's a while since I've had to ask a question here, but you guys have always managed to help me in the past.

I am the general computer person at my workplace (dispite having never had any training in computing, and having learned most of what I know about them on the job), and my boss recently set me the task of installing and configuring Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 on our new server (a server purchased specifically for this purpose).

I have successfully managed to install exchange server, and as far as I can tell, I have installed all the correct roles.

However, my boss does not actually want to use exchange server for email. He prefers to continue using the mail enable webmail mailboxes which we have through our webmaster. The main thing he wants to use exchange server for is calendar sharing.
This is the one thing which, as of yet, I have not succeeded in setting up, despite having found numerous tutorials, and tried various different ways of doing it.

So I'm hoping someone here can help me with this.

The computer is running Windows Server 2008 64bit (Vista) with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.

If there's anything else needed to solve things, let me know and I'll find them out.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements