Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

' DVD Video ' option missing from Autoplay

• Please log in to reply

carbuncle

carbuncle

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Ok ...

We Have

My Computer

right click on the DVD Drive and choose 'Properties'

Go into 'Autoplay' tab

Find the usual options, Audio files, Video files etc and the option to have them open automatically with a program i choose or simply open in explorer or even ask me.

Now ...

I used to have the option to selcet 'DVD Video' and then scroll down and choose Power DVD or Win DVD or Gom Player or whatever to automatically start playing a disc when it is inserted in the drive.

This option is now missing, so basically if i want to watch a DVD i have to insert disc, open the program, find the folder on the disc where the Video_Ts is and highlight the first file to open that to get to the content on the disc (in Gom Player anyhow)
'
Have no idea how to get the option to choose 'DVD Video' open with ....... and click the box 'everytime'

Have tried to put a disc in and press refresh but nothings works.

Any help with what seems a taxing little problem.

Rob

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
microsoft "fixed " the autoplay feature because the Conficker worm is being spread using autoplay...
more info here...you should read it before you decide if you really want autorun enabled...

carbuncle

carbuncle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Cheers happyrock for the quick rply, the strange thing is i'm sure this went missing prior to the cornflicker bug been reported?

May be wrong there so can't be certain.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
one of the updates for windows disabled the autoplay to keep worms like Conflicker from spreading...
knowing that...do you really want autoplay enabled... :)