Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

geekCell

geekCell

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
System
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ ,1800 mhz
video card:NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
3 memory : all kingmax , 1 is 1gb the other 2 are 256 ^_^
2 hard drives : 1 maxtor 40 gb ^_^ and WDC 200 and something

So this are some of the blue screen codes that i get (there were others... exceptions :) )
0x1000009c MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
0x1000007A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
0x1000007F

Now , I only get these blue screen after my comp has been on a long time and only in games (a few time ,and I mean 4-5 time i got them when i wasn't doing anything ,but 90% of the time in games ), but only after 6-7.. hours passed do i have these problems , till then i can play games and no blue screen

1.I tested my memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic a2 times and it turned out ok ....

2.I tested my 2 hard drives 1 turned out ok the other had bad sectors(when i did the extended test ,the quick test turned out ok ) ...

3.I rad some antivirus tests with Nod32 and Kaspersky but not on all partitions mainly on the one where windows was turned out ok ,i reinstalled window also ...

4.There is something else i think it might be , i recently purchased a new video card and memory i don't know if my power source is powerful enough (what i read about the video card it isn't enough ... ), sometimes when i turn the computer on the is no image on the screen so i have to restart ,so maybe that is the cause of the blue screens ...??

5.Also sometimes the hard drive (i think)shuts down and restarts again ,followed (after a few min) by a blue screen ,sometimes no blue screen will appear

6. Temperatures are ok ...

NOTE : Before i purchased the video card and ram there were no blue screens ... ,don't think the video card is damaged ...

6.dunno if this helps Posted Image this is when i alt -tabed out of a game

NOTE: LOW BUDGET ^_^
Power source is 420-450 i think , don't think its true power ...

So if someone could help me pls i would appreciate it , thx in advance

Edited by geekCell, 31 May 2009 - 07:15 PM.

Advertisements

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I just wanted to write a dvd and when it started spining ... BAM blue screen 0x100000F4 (the hard drive i think restarted ) , i don't understand why this happens after the computer is running a long time and not immediatly after i started it or after an hour

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Go to the directory C:\Windows\Minidump
Make sure that hidden files are visible.
Then zip up the recent (within a week) files you find in that directory.
Attach the .zip archive to your next post.

How powerful of a PSU do you need for your NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT?

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Go to the directory C:\Windows\Minidump
Make sure that hidden files are visible.
Then zip up the recent (within a week) files you find in that directory.
Attach the .zip archive to your next post.

How powerful of a PSU do you need for your NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT?

I attach the zip ,but not always does it dump memory ....

At NVIDIA's home page it says: Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 400 W - 300 W
But i read that you need 500 ,but even if power source says 450 its not true power , i don't know what to say ...

thx for helping me man , hope its nothing expensive ^_^

Attached Files

Edited by geekCell, 01 June 2009 - 05:21 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Are you on SP3? If not, install it.

Your PSU looks able, b/c the minimum wattage necessary is actually around 50 - 100 Watts lower than on the box. I am running a 300 W minimum card on a 250 W PSU.

The problems appears to be with the hard disk. Is it making a clicking sound?

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Are you on SP3? If not, install it.

Your PSU looks able, b/c the minimum wattage necessary is actually around 50 - 100 Watts lower than on the box. I am running a 300 W minimum card on a 250 W PSU.

The problems appears to be with the hard disk. Is it making a clicking sound?

I don't have sp3 anymore , i had it but i had the same problem
The hard disk doesn't make any clicking sound ... , besides the bad sectors nothing else ... and the sutting down for 1 sec the starting up again (i think its the hard , don't think you can hear anything else sutting down :) )

o , and 1 partition on the hard drive is heavily fragmented .... , tried to defragment but some file could be ...,i think i have to delete them

Edited by geekCell, 01 June 2009 - 07:22 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Reinstall SP3 to make sure that you have all the latest hotfixes.

Defrag all the partitions on your hard disk using Auslogics Disk Defrag. From here: http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag

How long have you had the computer for?

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Reinstall SP3 to make sure that you have all the latest hotfixes.

Defrag all the partitions on your hard disk using Auslogics Disk Defrag. From here: http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag

How long have you had the computer for?

I'm pretty sure that installing service pack 3 wont help but ok

Dl Auslogics Disk Defrag and defragmenting as i ... write UPDATE : didn't manage to defragment it (0%), no change , guess i have to dellete the files , its just some episodes ... no programs or widows files

Just to see how this one partition looks like ^_^ , the others are ok (Note: on this partitio are just movies and episodes ... )
Posted Image
I don't really know for how long some parts are pretty new , other are very old like 1 of the hard drives over 4 years (the one with no bad sectors and all that) ,
the other hard drive ... 3-4 years maybe ,
the mother board again 3-4 years
the 2 smaller rams maybe over 4 years
the video card and 1gb ram i don't know if it has 1 year
CPU maybe over 4 years
power source maybe over 5-6 years

Edited by geekCell, 01 June 2009 - 08:22 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
You might want to run another diagnostic.
Download Seatools for Windows from here: http://www.seagate.c...000dd04090aRCRD
Run a long diagnostic and post the results.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

You might want to run another diagnostic.
Download Seatools for Windows from here: http://www.seagate.c...000dd04090aRCRD
Run a long diagnostic and post the results.

I have that , dl it for my old seagate hard turned out ok , but can;t use it on Western Digital hard with problems .... , but dl the program from Western Digital for my hard drive and as i said i ran a long diagnostic and it found bad sectors ...

NOTE: with sea toold it sais test "unavailable"

thx man for helping

ps: eddited my previos post with a nice pic ....

Edited by geekCell, 01 June 2009 - 08:28 PM.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Are you saying that both your hard drives passed the diagnostics? Try them again to make sure.

Test your RAM using Memtest. Click on "Memtest Instructions" in my sig, and follow the steps entailed.

That is a heavily fragmented drive. What problem happens when you try to defrag it? I understand that it will take a long time to defrag it.

Edited by edge2022, 01 June 2009 - 08:29 PM.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Are you saying that both your hard drives passed the diagnostics? Try them again to make sure.

Test your RAM using Memtest. Click on "Memtest Instructions" in my sig, and follow the steps entailed.

.... well i tested my ram with mem test 2 tinme ,wrote in the first post, turnd out ok

and the hard drives , one passed and the other didn't ( i think ) because of bad sectors the same one that is heavely defragmented

Edited by geekCell, 01 June 2009 - 08:33 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

That is a heavily fragmented drive. What problem happens when you try to defrag it? I understand that it will take a long time to defrag it.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

nothing happens , it finishes and says that some files could not be defragmented

sry for my writing its late here :)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Try this one: http://majorgeeks.co...ad.php?det=1207