Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Try this one: http://majorgeeks.co...ad.php?det=1207

ok , but wouldn't it be faster just to delete the files that can't be defragmented ?

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If you have no use for them then yes. If the drive is not important at all, try formatting it.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hmm something appeard when i entered Diskeeoer Lite :"MCC has detected an error in a snap-in.It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC" ... i chose to :"ignore errors with this snap-in for the rest of the session "

what the [bleep] is a snap-in ?

Started defragmenting ..., seems to do a better job

Can the blues screens appear because of one partition being fragmented ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The drive is failing. Backup your data and replace the drive. If it has that many bad sectors it could fail anytime causing total loss of data.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Everything points to the failure of the drive. Since you just keep data on it, you can buy a new one, and clone the old one to the new.

Just to see how this one partition looks like ^_^ , the others are ok (Note: on this partitio are just movies and episodes ... )

You have 2 hard disks right? How are they partitioned, and which one is failing? Also what stuff is on each partition?

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

The drive is failing. Backup your data and replace the drive. If it has that many bad sectors it could fail anytime causing total loss of data.

hmm are you sure it doesn't make any sound's , i kinda have to be sure before i go and buy another one (LOW BUDGET)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
I can't see anything else as your issue here.
How low is your budget?

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Everything points to the failure of the drive. Since you just keep data on it, you can buy a new one, and clone the old one to the new.

Just to see how this one partition looks like ^_^ , the others are ok (Note: on this partitio are just movies and episodes ... )

You have 2 hard disks right? How are they partitioned, and which one is failing? Also what stuff is on each partition?

Well the old little drive (40gb) has one partition just all kind of stuff is on it , there i dl stuff more or less :)

the other hard drive has 3 partitions D:with windows and programs
E:games
F:movies
kinda like that

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If the old drive (40GB) is the heavily fragmented one, then you can have that fail and not really lose anything. Backup any stuff that you want from that hard disk into an external drive or your other hard drive.

Click on "Active Disk Monitor" under "Hard Disk" in my sig, and run the program. Is your drive said to be in good condition?

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

If the old drive (40GB) is the heavily fragmented one, then you can have that fail and not really lose anything. Backup any stuff that you want from that hard disk into an external drive or your other hard drive.

Click on "Active Disk Monitor" under "Hard Disk" in my sig, and run the program. Is your drive said to be in good condition?

its not the old one sadly :|

Advertisements

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I Dl that program , but not really sure were to look ... , there are both green ...

old one Health status ok :89%

the defragmented one Heath status ok:92% (if this helps the temperature is close to 50 ,but as I know its not too much )

Edited by geekCell, 01 June 2009 - 09:08 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
They look ok, but I am very sure that the fragmented drive is your problem.

You can buy a new drive and clone the old one to the new one using this program: http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

What is your budget, and how big is the bad hard disk?

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

They look ok, but I am very sure that the fragmented drive is your problem.

You can buy a new drive and clone the old one to the new one using this program: http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

What is your budget, and how big is the bad hard disk?

I will defrag it deleting those file (faster)

The buget is what i can come up with ^_^
Its 240 or so not very big ,but...

The thing is I don't want to buy a new Hard and find out that it was something else ^_^

Q:Why does this happen mostly in games and after the Computer was on a long time ? :\

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
One thing , first there was only blue screens ,later it started with the restarts .Cold bad sectors or fragmentation happen because of resets ... over and over , because i didn't always w8 for blue screen to finish ... , I don't know ^_^ just asking

Well its morning here so I will defrag tomorow , if you come up with any other idea's pls let me know , i would appreciate it , anyway if its the hard drive its still a cheaper fix then buying a new video cards or power source ^_^ , if ...

thx man

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
You can also check your RAM with Memtest. Click on "Memtest Instructions" in my sig, and give us the results.