Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using remote assistance

• Please log in to reply

Gunghorj

Gunghorj

• Pip
  • 4 posts
A friend of mine needs serious help with his computer. He is running windows Xp professional. he has been getting kicked from the Call of Duty United Offense game multiplayer, by punkbuster, his error is Blocked O/S priveleges 5808:430. punkbuster just stated turn off firewall, protection or fix settings. He had no troubled with everything two weeeks ago. He can start his system, and go to CODUO and play one map as soon as map ends and next one begins he gets the above kick code. For over a week he would use system restore to be able to play for awhile. Now he cannot.
He set up a remote assistance request for me to go into his system and help now I am running Xp Home addition. The request comes in over Outlook express and I use the password correct case and all and we get and unresolved host name error, and it will not log on. If you type the password incorrectly on purpose it sends back error wrong password contact host for correct. We can find no error in the request on his side, and I can hook up to other systems no problem. anybody got any ideas on both problems He has not got knowledge to move old files he needs. To just reformat ands reinstall will not fix the problem . I need to get a good fix for this and trace the problem. The ultimate answer maybe to rebuild the system since he used system restore so much , but I really need to help him salvage his info, before that extreme, I would prefer to resolve the conflicts, then fix them. There have been no updates to his software on windows since the problem started so an upgrade is not the problem, also no change in the game except main server location moved 50 miles south from old location in California. Reformating and reloading is like buying a new car because the old one doesn't seem to run right.
We tried to get in remote assistant both ways available same problem unresolved host name. Could the service provider change the computer name causing the unresolved host if so how we get around it need ideas quickly he needs full protected access before the 20th. If he wasn't 12000 miles away might be easier and he is not real literate on the inner workings of windows.

Advertisements