Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The specified path does not exist

• Please log in to reply

sjpeagles

sjpeagles

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My operating system is XP.

In normal mode, everytime I try to open a document, run a program, or use a browser, I get the following message: "The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again." This message does not appear in safe mode. I can still see all my files and open file folders.

Also, when I log on to my computer, my firewall is turned off. My settings were to have it always be on.

Finally, when I try to do anything in safe mode the computer starts to run very slowly after a short period of time. I have over two gigs of RAM.

I have had this problem since Saturday morning (about two days ago).

I have unsuccessfully tried the following things:
- running Symantec and Spybot antivirus scans (only in safe mode)
- sytem restore (it was inexplicably disabled)

Thanks!

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Follow this guide: http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html
Then post the required logs in the Malware Forum.
If problems persist after getting a clean bill of health from the Malware techs, come back here.