Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Enable IEHARDEN

• Please log in to reply

Geeves00

Geeves00

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I was able to find a command that will soften the IE security settings to stop the blocked site warning"

rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection IESoftenAdmin 128 %windir%\inf\IEHARDEN.INF

Is there a reverse command? I am looking for a way to re-harden IE from either the command line or registry (so I can script it) for all users.

Is this possible?

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Reset IE to factory defaults.

As for all users, usually a GPO will do that. Are you in a domain environment?

Geeves00

Geeves00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Typically I use the command during post build followups before the server is on the domain. I know how to reinstall IE Enhanced Security manually but I am looking for a command line way to do it so I can make an attempt at automating it.

I guess all users was the wrong wording. I mean any users that log onto the box. If I recall the command softens security for all accounts on the box.

Would resetting IE to defaults take care of that? Is there a command that can be run from the command line to do this?

Also this is IE 6 if that helps

Thanks

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

Download that and open managing_ieesc.doc, browse to page 18 and it will instruct you to setup hardening via GPO, assuming your are using Server 2003. Hope this helps.

Geeves00

Geeves00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Not a problem sir, glad I could help.