Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My pc can not find boot device

• Please log in to reply

Murtaza

Murtaza

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was using Vista ultimate on Intel core 2 duo with 2 GB RAM on DG33FB mother board.
5 days ago, I was downloading some file from internet and left my computer on. When I came back my computer restarted with a message like "no boot device found" I tried restart the computer several times and at the end it successfully entered into the windows. I start taking backup of my data and when the backup was 30% completed, my hard drive stop spinning. And after that I came to know that my drive is dead. And I lost rest of my very expensive data.

Then I bought a new WD 1TB SATA2 hard drive and started using it. Now again some times I am receiving the same boot failure message "no boot device found" and when I restart my computer, it works fine. I am really afraid about it again, because I don't want to loose rest of my data. I have changed the power suply, power extension lead, hard drive and its data and power cables. I have fully updated McAfee virus scan enterprise 8.7.0i and vista ultimate including latest updates. Please help what could be the cause of the problem ? Could it be due to motherboard ?

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
It COULD be due to a motherboard. One thing you can do is see if the drive works on another computer.