Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wireless card for T30

• Please log in to reply

Ernie1

Ernie1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have an old IBM T30 notebook. It can pick up wireless in hotels and coffee shops but not on secure systems like my home Wireless G even with password etc... I've been told it's too old of a wireless devise. It's a Cisco Wireless Mini PCI card for thinkpad. What would the most trouble free new card to buy be. It's for my daughter who is going to away to school and I want it to be as trouble free as possible. I was also told I should disable the old one in BIOS as well as in windows. How would I do that in Bios? Thank you.

Also, are there programs to make the keyboard with French symbols?

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
You could replace that old Mini PCI card with an Intel one. These are rock solid devices and available relatively cheap. Replacing the old one inside the computer would also keep her from having to worry about an external one getting lost or damaged.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Not an option for you. It appears IBM locked the bios to certain cards, so a wireless card from any good reputable maker like Linksys will serve you just fine.

Ernie1

Ernie1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you very much Pedro. Any ideas on software to get French symbols on the keyboard strokes?

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Honestly, I have no clue. I'd post that question in the applications section on this site and see what people reply.

Ernie1

Ernie1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you again for your help.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
No problem. Glad I could help out a little bit.