Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

high CPU during laptop's startup

• Please log in to reply

And1s0ciety

And1s0ciety

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi, it's been awhile since Ive been in this forum for help, but it seems that my laptop is overheating during startup. The CPU goes as high from 80-100 during normal startup for about 3 minutes, causing my laptop to feel extremely hot , and forces it to make unusual fan noises at the same time. Does anyone know the solution to this? Ive tried googling and the only results I found was to disable windows update from updating automatically, but the problem still occurs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I am running on a Windows Vista.

Edited by And1s0ciety, 01 June 2009 - 03:13 PM.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Try blowing out all of your vents with compressed air. A lot of times laptop heatsinks get clogged and this causes the processor to run hotter. If your heat sink is TOO clogged, compressed air won't help (some laptop makers make it easy to get to the heatsink for this reason).

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
80-100 what? Celsius?
What do you measure it with?