Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My iPod is broken, won't charge!

• Please log in to reply

Joeturf

Joeturf

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi G2G, my iPod seems to be broken, or something. When I plug it into my laptop via USB cable, nothing happens. iTunes doesn't open up, the iPod screen doesn't change (I can still scroll up/down as if it wasn't plugged in at all), and oddly enough the battery doesn't show the charging symbol either. I've tried plugging it into different USB ports, rebooting the iPod multiple times, waiting for days, but the problem persists. Please help! Thanks

Advertisements

Johnny Tootall

Johnny Tootall

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I have an Ipod touch and sort of have the same problems sometimes.
What I find the problem usually is, is there is dirt or dust interfering with the connection somewhere. I would suggest trying to clean out your Ipod port(carefully!)
and the Usb Cable on both sides.

Best of luck

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
There is a way to do a manual restore. You need to hold down the menu/enter button while moving the lock thing back and forth 5 times. I am probably off by a bit but I would research what the exact steps are.