Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Please: Windows Installer will Not Work

• Please log in to reply

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I need to download several programs in order to fix my sound problems for good but my Windows installer Will Not work Error: Windows installer cant be accessed & unfortunately most programs depend on it.

:) My Computer is a complete Wreck right now, & I need your help to fix it :)

Edited by Cazatuz, 01 June 2009 - 04:45 PM.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hey there Cazatuz,

Sounds like this is what you need:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

Hope it helps!

-Jason

Edited by OpenOutcome, 01 June 2009 - 05:23 PM.

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hey there Cazatuz,

Sounds like this is what you need:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

Hope it helps!

-Jason

Nope, that didnt help at all, I tried deleting & reinstalling Windows installer, Why would they have you download Windows Installer when initial problem is that It Will Not Work??

How in the [bleep] can I download W I when W I wont even Work??

is there a better Installer for me, is there something wrong with files or components on my system or what??

Update:
"I get error Message: Setup has detected that SP3 version of your system is newer than the update you are applying. there is No Need to install this update"

Edited by Cazatuz, 02 June 2009 - 04:54 PM.

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
help

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Try this:

1. open a command prompt:

2. Type msiexec /unregister and press Enter.

3. Type msiexec /regserver and press Enter.

That will re-register windows installer.

-Jason

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Try this:

1. open a command prompt:

2. Type msiexec /unregister and press Enter.

3. Type msiexec /regserver and press Enter.

That will re-register windows installer.

-Jason

I Already tried this b4 I tried reinstalling WI, didnt work for me...

Error: msiexec is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file :)

Like What the...??

Edited by Cazatuz, 03 June 2009 - 03:37 PM.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
How about :

1. Open Start > Run
2. Type: net start MSIServer

:)

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

How about :

1. Open Start > Run
2. Type: net start MSIServer

:)

I just tried it, it opens & then Closes Instantly after trying it several times

Error message: "the Dependency service or group failed to start" Idk

what was running this supposed to do anyway??

Edited by Cazatuz, 03 June 2009 - 03:52 PM.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Was supposed to start Windows Installer service. But once again - no luck? Probably is malware related.. wait until the malware forum replies. A lot of malware affect the windows installer.

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Was supposed to start Windows Installer service. But once again - no luck? Probably is malware related.. wait until the malware forum replies. A lot of malware affect the windows installer.

i HATE Viruses!! their Soo Annoying, My PC was working just Fine b4 the virus but anyway, thanx for replying, im currently trying to maybe DL some other alternative components (like install aware 9). Is there another way to DL programs without having to use Windows Installer?? or even download other types of Sound Drivers(besides Real tek 97) that dont require WI.

Edited by sari, 04 June 2009 - 10:58 AM.
Edited to remove bad language

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

No ones replying, im trying to re install Windows Installer but that requires cryptographics, one of many needed services that will NOT start!!, (most common error 1068: dependany service fails)

My PC is ticking me off to the point were im ready to Throw it from the Empire state building!! :) :) :)

Edited by Excal, 05 June 2009 - 04:04 PM.
Put a more user friendly word in ;)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the first thing you need to do is post in the Waiting Room that you have been waiting more then 3 days.
Second of all getting irritated and cursing will not get you assistance any faster. In fact this is a family site and foul language is strictly against the Terms of Use rules. I have contacted a moderator and let them know.

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

OK the first thing you need to do is post in the Waiting Room that you have been waiting more then 3 days.
Second of all getting irritated and cursing will not get you assistance any faster. In fact this is a family site and foul language is strictly against the Terms of Use rules. I have contacted a moderator and let them know.

You contacted Who about what??

is that what they call foul language these days... :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Take a look at your original Malware topic and the last post by a Admin. It will explain everything.
I have contacted the Admin and moderators to try and escalate your request for help. The Terms Of Use are very specific about the rules of the board.
Go Here to read the rules if you are not sure about the post I mention at the beginning of this reply.

Cazatuz

Cazatuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Take a look at your original Malware topic and the last post by a Admin. It will explain everything.
I have contacted the Admin and moderators to try and escalate your request for help. The Terms Of Use are very specific about the rules of the board.
Go Here to read the rules if you are not sure about the post I mention at the beginning of this reply.

o.K Thanx :)